Monday, October 11, 2010

Create list view - Conditional Formatting in SharePoint Designer 2010




In this example, we are going to format a column based on certain condition. Here I already have a list called Projects. I also have workflow associated with it. So whenever I create a new item in the list, workflow status column shows ‘In Progress’. Subsequently when the workflow in completed, the workflow status column shows ‘Completed’.
For demonstration purpose, I will set the background color of workflow status column to yellow when the status is ‘In Progress’ and to green when the status is ‘Completed’.
In SharePoint Designer open the site on which you are working. Click on ‘Lists and Libraries’ link. Choose the ‘Projects’ list.




In SharePoint Designer Navigation, choose ‘Lists and Libraries’.
In the list settings page, click on ‘New’ in ‘Views’ section. Provide appropriate name for the view and click OK.

After choosing list, click on ‘New’ in the Views section. Give appropriate name to the list.
Now click on any column, then in the ribbon, click on List View Tools->Options->Conditional Formatting->Format Column.

Click on List View Tools->Options->Conditional Formatting->Format Column in the ribbon.
Select the field name as workflow status column, Comparison as Contains and Value as ‘In Progress’.

Set the condition criteria for In Progress status.
We have specified the condition, now we have to set the style. Click on ‘Set Style’.
Set the background-color as appropriate.

Now repeat the step for creating formatting for workflow status ‘Complete’. Click on save in SPD. Navigate to the newly created view in browser.
You will be able to see the conditional formatting on Workflow status column.
-Vighnesh Bendre

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's an amazing post in favor of all the internet users; they will get benefit from it I am sure.

my blog post: raspberry ketones diet

Anonymous said...

I've been surfing on-line greater than 3 hours lately, but I never discovered any interesting article like yours. It is lovely price enough for me. Personally, if all website owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the net will be much more useful than ever before.

Check out my webpage: Nuvocleanse Detox

Anonymous said...

When some one searches for his essential thing, so he/she needs to be available that in detail,
so that thing is maintained over here.

Feel free to surf to my page Vydox Male Enhancement review

Anonymous said...

Hi! I just want to give you a huge thumbs up for your great information you've got here on this post. I am coming back to your website for more soon.

Here is my web-site - Elevate GF review

Anonymous said...

Terrific post but I was wanting to know if you could
write a litte more on this subject? I'd be very grateful if you could elaborate a little bit more. Kudos!

Feel free to visit my web page Natural CLeanse Review

Anonymous said...

Woah! I'm really enjoying the template/theme of this site. It's simple,
yet effective. A lot of times it's hard to get that "perfect balance" between usability and appearance. I must say that you've done a
fantastic job with this. In addition, the blog loads extremely quick for me on
Internet explorer. Exceptional Blog!

My blog :: Green coffee diets

Anonymous said...

Thanks for some other informative website. Where else may just I get that kind of information written
in such a perfect manner? I have a undertaking that I am simply now
working on, and I've been at the look out for such info.

My web page - Ultra Slim Patch Reviews

Anonymous said...

Awesome blog! Do you have any helpful hints for aspiring writers?
I'm hoping to start my own blog soon but I'm a little lost on everything.
Would you recommend starting with a free platform like Wordpress or
go for a paid option? There are so many options out there that I'm totally overwhelmed .. Any suggestions? Thanks!

my weblog Best Anti Wrinkle Product

Anonymous said...

Excellent post. Keep writing such kind of info on your site.
Im really impressed by it.
Hi there, You have performed a fantastic job.
I will certainly digg it and in my opinion suggest to my friends.
I'm sure they'll be benefited from this website.

Look into my webpage - Raspberry ketone Plus Reviews

Anonymous said...

Your style is so unique compared to other folks I have read
stuff from. I appreciate you for posting when you have the opportunity,
Guess I'll just bookmark this site.

my weblog; green coffee bean reviews

Anonymous said...

You should take part in a contest for one of the best sites on the internet.
I will recommend this site!

Look into my blog post - weight loss pills

Anonymous said...

It's difficult to find experienced people iin this particular
subject, but you seem like you know what you're talking about!
Thanks

my webpage seo Letchworth